[Rarebooks] FS: SIGNED Limited James Joyce FINNEGANS WAKE, copy #222 of only 425 on handmade paper

Charles Agvent chagvent at ptd.net
Thu Jun 16 11:32:58 EDT 2011

JOYCE, James. FINNEGANS WAKE. London/New York: Faber & Faber/Viking
Press, 1939. First Edition. Original red buckram with gilt lettering on
the spine. Copy #222 of 425 numbered copies printed on handmade paper
and SIGNED by the author on the limitation page. One of the most
important books of modern English fiction, if not one of the more
readable. "Joyce insisted that each word, each sentence had several
meanings and that the 'ideal lecteur' should devote his lifetime to it,
like the Koran" (Connolly, THE MODERN MOVEMENT, 81); "The greatest
failure in literature" (Burgess, 99 NOVELS: THE BEST IN ENGLISH SINCE
1939, page 25). Touch of wear to the heel of the spine which is mildly
sunned. Lacking the original slipcase but with a custom-made slipcase in
its place. Near Fine in a Fine custom slipcase.         $17,500.00

--
All items subject to prior sale. Cash with order; institutions may be billed. Postage additional: $10.00 for the first book; $5.00 each thereafter. Overseas postage billed at approximate cost. Pennsylvania residents must add 6% sales tax. Mastercard, Visa, American Express and Discover accepted. Books may be returned within 10 days of receipt for any reason provided they are in the same condition as sent and prior notice is given. Please insure returns for their full value. We carry a diverse stock with major specialties including Modern and 19th Century Literary First Editions, Autographed Books, and the world's largest inventory of Limited Editions Club books. We are celebrating our 23rd year of business and are proud to be members of the Antiquarian Booksellers Association of America (ABAA) and the International League of Antiquarian Booksellers (ILAB). Please feel free to contact us with any wants or offerings. Thank you.

info at charlesagvent.com