[Rarebooks] FS: CAT ON A HOT TIN ROOF, with the third act restored by Tennessee Williams, SIGNED

Charles Agvent chagvent at ptd.net
Mon Mar 7 11:19:30 EST 2011

WILLIAMS, Tennessee. CAT ON A HOT TIN ROOF. (New York): New Directions,
(1975). Fifth Edition. Crandell A15.5.a. Only 1,497 copies issued in
hardcover. First Printing of this edition with the third act completely
rewritten by Williams for the American Shakespeare Theatre production in
Stratford, CT, in 1974, which was directed by Michael Kahn and featured
Elizabeth Ashley, Keir Dullea, Fred Gwynne (Herman Munster as Big
Daddy!), and Kate Reid. The play subsequently moved to Broadway. In this
revision Williams undid most of the changes to the third act instituted
in the original production by director Elia Kazan. A lovely copy of this
Pulitzer Prize winning play SIGNED by the author on the front free
endpaper. Fine in a Fine dustwrapper.         $1,500.00

--
All items subject to prior sale. Cash with order; institutions may be billed. Postage additional: $10.00 for the first book; $5.00 each thereafter. Overseas postage billed at approximate cost. Pennsylvania residents must add 6% sales tax. Mastercard, Visa, American Express and Discover accepted. Books may be returned within 10 days of receipt for any reason provided they are in the same condition as sent and prior notice is given. Please insure returns for their full value. We carry a diverse stock with major specialties including Modern and 19th Century Literary First Editions, Autographed Books, and the world's largest inventory of Limited Editions Club books. We are celebrating our 23rd year of business and are proud to be members of the Antiquarian Booksellers Association of America (ABAA) and the International League of Antiquarian Booksellers (ILAB). Please feel free to contact us with any wants or offerings. Thank you.

info at charlesagvent.com