[Rarebooks] FS: Aldous Huxley: EYELESS IN GAZA, #167 of 200 SIGNED copies

Charles Agvent chagvent at ptd.net
Sat May 21 11:25:33 EDT 2011

One of the 60 fine new arrivals recently posted on our website as part
of our SPRING MISCELLANY catalog.  See them all here:
http://www.charlesagvent.com

HUXLEY, Aldous. EYELESS IN GAZA. London: Chatto & Windus, 1936. First
Edition. Cloth-backed decorated boards. Copy #167 of 200 copies SIGNED
by the author on the limitation page. This autobiographical novel with a
pacifist theme was the first book by Huxley published after BRAVE NEW
WORLD. Its title derives from a phrase in John Milton's SAMSON AGONISTES
and, as with Milton's poem, recalls the biblical story of Samson, who
was captured by the Philistines, his eyes burned out, and taken to Gaza,
where he was forced to work grinding grain in a mill. Issued without
dustwrapper or slipcase. Light wear to corners; mild foxing to the title
and limitation pages. Near Fine.         $450.00

--
All items subject to prior sale. Cash with order; institutions may be billed. Postage additional: $10.00 for the first book; $5.00 each thereafter. Overseas postage billed at approximate cost. Pennsylvania residents must add 6% sales tax. Mastercard, Visa, American Express and Discover accepted. Books may be returned within 10 days of receipt for any reason provided they are in the same condition as sent and prior notice is given. Please insure returns for their full value. We carry a diverse stock with major specialties including Modern and 19th Century Literary First Editions, Autographed Books, and the world's largest inventory of Limited Editions Club books. We are celebrating our 23rd year of business and are proud to be members of the Antiquarian Booksellers Association of America (ABAA) and the International League of Antiquarian Booksellers (ILAB). Please feel free to contact us with any wants or offerings. Thank you.

info at charlesagvent.com