[Rarebooks] FS: Interesting copy of G. B. Shaw's THE ADVENTURES OF THE BLACK GIRL IN HER SEARCH FOR GOD with a Shaw SIGNATURE, price reduced

Charles Agvent chagvent at ptd.net
Sat Nov 19 15:03:33 EST 2011

One of MANY fine GEORGE BERNARD SHAW items (letters, manuscripts, signed
books, photographs, etc.) in our inventory which can be seen at
http://www.charlesagvent.com

Price reduced:    Was $350   Now  $300:

(SHAW, George Bernard). THE ADVENTURES OF THE BLACK GIRL IN HER SEARCH
FOR GOD. London: Constable & Company Limited, (1932). First Edition.
Laurence A210a. Pictorial boards and twenty woodblock illustrations
within by John Farleigh. This copy with the very large bookplate of
Arthur Leonard Ross taking up the entire front pastedown. Ross was a
friend of and lawyer for Emma Goldman as well as Frank Harris's literary
executor. Neatly laid down on the bookplate is a fine example of Shaw's
SIGNATURE. Some fraying of spine edges with neat repairs. Very Good.
(#013111)        $300.00

--
All books subject to prior sale.  Cash with order; institutions may be billed.  Postage additional: $10.00 for the first item; $5.00 for each thereafter.  Overseas postage billed at approximate cost.  Pennsylvania residents must add 6% sales tax.  Mastercard, Visa, American Express, and Discover accepted.  Books may be returned within 10 days of receipt for any reason provided they are in the same condition as sent and prior notice is given.  Please insure returns for their full value.  We carry a diverse stock with major specialties including Modern and 19th Century Literary First Editions, Signed Books, Presidential Autographs, Illustrated Books, and the world's largest inventory of Limited Editions Club books.  We are celebrating our 24th year of business and are proud to be members of the Antiquarian Booksellers Association of America (ABAA) and the International League of Antiquarian Booksellers (ILAB).  Please feel free to contact us with any wants or offerings.  Thank you.

info at charlesagvent.com