[Rarebooks] FS: THE PERSONALITY OF THOREAU, 1901, one of 500 copies

Charles Agvent chagvent at ptd.net
Fri Nov 25 11:42:56 EST 2011

[THOREAU, Henry David] SANBORN, F. B. THE PERSONALITY OF THOREAU.
Boston: Charles E. Goodspeed, 1901. First Edition. Cloth-backed boards.
Copy #373 of 500 copies on French hand-made paper, printed by D. B.
Updike at the Merrymount Press. Illustrated with one plate and two
facsimiles of Thoreau's journal. Bookplate of noted collector Luther A.
Brewer, of Cedar Rapids, Iowa, tipped to the front pastedown. Spine
label darkened and chipped; mild edgewear. Very Good. (#015686)
$75.00

--
All books subject to prior sale.  Cash with order; institutions may be billed.  Postage additional: $10.00 for the first item; $5.00 for each thereafter.  Overseas postage billed at approximate cost.  Pennsylvania residents must add 6% sales tax.  Mastercard, Visa, American Express, and Discover accepted.  Books may be returned within 10 days of receipt for any reason provided they are in the same condition as sent and prior notice is given.  Please insure returns for their full value.  We carry a diverse stock with major specialties including Modern and 19th Century Literary First Editions, Signed Books, Presidential Autographs, Illustrated Books, and the world's largest inventory of Limited Editions Club books.  We are celebrating our 24th year of business and are proud to be members of the Antiquarian Booksellers Association of America (ABAA) and the International League of Antiquarian Booksellers (ILAB).  Please feel free to contact us with any wants or offerings.  Thank you.

info at charlesagvent.com