[Rarebooks] 19th Century Southern USA Map Lots

Garry R Austin mail at austinsbooks.com
Mon Oct 3 17:15:47 EDT 2011

We have been re-organizing our map inventory. We offer the following small lots of 19th century hand colored maps from American Atlases, postpaid.
Lot 1. Arkansas, Mississippi & Louisiana.  9 maps
All are hand colored double page plates. Color is very good to bright. There may be closed tears in the extreme margins or an occasional chip at the margins, but not into the borders or the map itself.
Johnson, 1860 (1)
Johnson, 1862 (2)
Johnson, 1866 (3)
Mitchell, 1867 (1)
Plus two later maps (1889; Mississippi / Louisiana w/ printed color   $150.00 postpaid

Lot 2. Kentucky & Tennessee; 10 maps
All are hand colored double page plates. Color is very good to bright. There may be closed tears in the extreme margins or an occasional chip at the margins, but not into the borders or the map itself.
Johnson, 1860 (1)
Johnson, 1862 (1)
Johnson, 1865 (5)
Mitchell, 1873 (1)
Plus two later maps w/ printed color   $175.00 postpaid

Both lots $300.00

Garry R Austin
mail at austinsbooks.com
Austin's Antiquarian Books