[Rarebooks] FS: Trollope THE WAY WE LIVE NOW 1st ed 2 vols London 1875

Michael John Thompson mjt at mjtbooks.com
Wed Apr 18 16:11:04 EDT 2012

Anthony Trollope. THE WAY WE LIVE NOW. With Forty Illustrations. In
two Volumes. London: Chapman & Hall, 193, Picadilly. 1875.

First edition. Two volumes, original publisher's decorated green
cloth stamped in black on front panels, stamped in gilt and black on
spine panels. 320 + 319 pp, frontispieces with tissue guards,
numerous illustrations in the text, yellow coated endpapers. Cloth a
bit frayed at spine tips, corners a bit bruised, a few marginal tears
to last two leaves of volume two; a very good set indeed.

$425.00 Cdn the set, net price,  postpaid in N. America  (or I could
say $500 the set, less 20%, plus postage, but that works out to just
about $425 anyhow)

I can find only two sets of the two-volume first issue in original
cloth for sale, at $3500 & $7500, all other copies in original cloth
are the two volume in one remainder issue. I do see a fair number of
rebound copies out there. This set has a few faults but is overall
quite pleasing.

---
Michael John Thompson, Antiquarian Bookseller
'Imladris'
5275 Jerow Road
Hornby Island, BC
Canada V0R 1Z0