[Rarebooks] FS: Fine Clara Barton Letter on Red Cross matters

Charles Agvent chagvent at ptd.net
Sat Dec 22 10:30:33 EST 2012

BARTON, Clara. AUTOGRAPH LETTER SIGNED (ALS). Glen Echo [MD], 5 May
1906. A four-page AUTOGRAPH LETTER SIGNED on two adjoining sheets
(5-1/4" x 6-1/2") dated 5 May 1906 from the founder of the American Red
Cross and SIGNED by her. To Miss Kensel [Mary Kensel Wells, Barton's
secretary] regarding various matters of the Red Cross. In part: "Like
yourself, I am to [sic] hurried to make a visible sign of life.... Mrs.
G is a Smith College girl--her husband a Harvard. They have taken up
their work with all the earnestness of 'Settlement' girls--have various
branches and affiliations--one of which has been First-Aid.... They have
done earnest work.... They seem delighted with your work, especially the
textbook and the little book.... Mrs. Gitterman--she says 'Please tell
the Boston officers that I am a Smith College girl and that isn't far
from them.' I think they will open the Washington door.... I am so
anxious to see that Report I can hear the true ring of it already."
Slight paper loss to one upper corner and staple holes to the other.
Fine with good content. (#016770)        $1,350.00

http://home.ptd.net/~chagvent/016770.jpg

--
All books subject to prior sale. Cash with order; institutions may be
billed. Postage additional: $10.00 for the first item; $5.00 for each

info at charlesagvent.com