[Rarebooks] FS: Clearance List One day Sale.

Robinson Street Books bookbuyer0001 at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 1 10:49:01 EST 2012

Offered today Feb. 1, 2012.  Clearance list one day sale.

(1) Pond, J. B. Eccentricities of Genius

G. W. Dillingham Company, 1900, New York

Signed
 by Author Inscribed presentation copy signed by the author. Presented
to Rev. G. Arbuthnot  Vicar Stratford-on-Avon .  "To the Rev. G.
Arbuthnot, in remembrance of one of the most delightful evenings and
refreshing mornings of my life. August 14 & 15 1901 at
Stratford-on-Avon  J.B. Pond New York, August 23, 1901"   Must have made
 the crossing on a White Star Line vessel, fairly fast.  Rear hinge
starting, some tearing to cloth of spine, a little sunned at the spine,
still a rare book from one of the great booking agents of the 19th
century: Mark Twain, Frederick Douglas, Arthur Conan Doyle, etc..  First
 edition.  Was $450.00  Today $150

(2) Reid, James D.  The Telegraph in America and Morse memorial

John Polhemus Publisher, New York, 1886

Rebound
 in cloth, rub to lower spine at front hinge board showing, else good
ex-corp library copy (Western Union). 894pages.  Few stamps and pocket.
 Marked "reference copy 3"

Was $300.00  Today $100

(3) Gordon Thomas; Max Morgan Witts   Enola Gay
 Pocket Books, 1978, paperback.

 Inscribed
 presentation copy signed by the Radar Man Joe Stiborik.  Signed on
verso front cover. Tipped in is a autograph letter signed from Joe
Stiborik indicating that he could only find a paperback copy of the
book, but would continue looking for a hardback copy.  Inscribed to a
General Sheldon Coleman.  Letter is printed "Dear General" and is signed
 "Joe".   and dated 1979.  3rd printing.  Was $400.00  Today $175.00

http://i800.photobucket.com/albums/yy285/robinsonstreet/octnov09/EnolaGayothers002.jpg

(4)  Claudia Alta Johnson; Lady Bird Johnson  A White House diary
Holt, Rinehart and Winston, New York, 1970

First
 edition.  Some creasing to spine, else very good dust jacket cut up and
 pasted to front endpaper and title page.   Typed letter signed from
Lady Bird Johnson to Charles Cecil Wall author of George Washington:
Citizen Soldier dated October 3, 1980 on LBJ Ranch stationary "It was
the greatest delight to visit with you at the dinner at Woodlawn! I
Savored those moments of feasting on the marvelous talk about history
and restoration, and so it was a very special treat indeed to receive a
copy of your book.  I will remember many special times at Mount Vernon
as I dip into the pages of George Washington, Citizen-Soldier. With my
appreciation and warmest wishes, Sincerely, Lady Bird Johnson"  Letter
tipped onto back endpaper, on back pastedown is taped an original photo
of Lady Bird Johnson with Charles Cecil Wall.

Lady Bird Johnson 1912 - 2007 First Lady of the United States from 1963-1969.

Was $450.00  Today $200.00

http://i800.photobucket.com/albums/yy285/robinsonstreet/octnov09/LadyBird001.jpg

(5)
 Alexander, Caleb (ed)  H Kainh Diaohkh NOVUM TESTAMENTUM. JUXTA
EXEMPLAR JOANNIS MILLII ACCURATISSIME IMPRESSUM 1800 Isaias Thomas

Isaias Thomas, Worcester MA, 1800

Rebound
 in modern cloth, 12mo.  Rebound from title page to page 478.. Title
page some staining to edges, still a good example of the first
publication of the bible in Greek in the USA.   1800.  First publication
 of The New Testament in Greek in the United States.
Evans 36952
ESTC W41463
Hall, I.H. Amer. Greek Testaments, p. 8-12
Darlow & Moule 4775

http://i800.photobucket.com/albums/yy285/robinsonstreet/Oct%20Nov%20Dec%202011/display351.jpg

Was $800.  Today $400

Have to buy more wood for new
shelving. Rather sell some old stock at discount, than take out of
pocket.  Payment via Paypal or credit card preferred.  No ship and bill
at these prices.  Additional photos will be provided, if needed.
Offered subject to prior sale.  Postpaid within USA.  Overseas at cost.  14 day return if not as described.  Autographs guaranteed authentic and if found not to be may be returned for full refund by original
purchaser without time limit.

We currently have a 25% discount reflected in our site prices, so have a look.
10% additional discount for sales over $100 via our site.  Applied by
us, so no need for coupon code. Clearance books no further discount.
Live chat online.

rhett

Robinson Street Books
184 Robinson Street
Binghamton, NY 13904
Voice 607-217-4328
Fax 845-746-4237
info at robinsonstreetbooks.com

Mon-Fri 10am-5pm (eastern) Sat, Sun and Holidays by chance.
Open to The Trade only by appointment.

http://robinsonstreetbooks.com  Live chat.
Our warehouse contains over 500,000 books. 91,000 are cataloged for
on-line sales.  Want lists welcome.

Member: The Manuscript Society