[Rarebooks] FS: Publisher's copy of one of the finest books of the press

Charles Agvent chagvent at ptd.net
Sun Feb 26 15:29:52 EST 2012

 From one of the world's largest inventories of Limited Edition Club
books for sale with nearly all titles available at any given time.  If
you don't see it on our website

http://www.charlesagvent.com <http://www.charlesagvent.com/>

ask, as we carry hundreds of LECs we have yet to catalog and are always
in the process of acquiring more.

MERIMEE, Prosper. CARMEN. New York: Limited Editions Club, 1941. Quarto
(8-3/8" x 11") bound in bright and colorful hand-blocked gypsy silk
cloth. Illustrated with 37 beautiful ORIGINAL LITHOGRAPHS in color drawn
on the plates by Jean Charlot. Of a total edition of 1500 copies SIGNED
by the artist on the colophon page, this is one of only 15 Presentation
Copies with the publisher's blindstamp attesting to such on the colophon
page where instead of a number the initials "G.M." are handwritten.
Acquired directly from the publisher's files, and most likely the
publisher George Macy's very own copy. Perhaps the most stunning and
underrated of the early books from the press. Spine a little darkened,
much less than usual. About Fine in a complete, Very Good slipcase with
a split at the bottom edge. (#016354)        $450.00

See images here:

http://home.ptd.net/~chagvent/016354.jpg

http://home.ptd.net/~chagvent/016354a.jpg

--
All books subject to prior sale.  Cash with order; institutions may be billed.  Postage additional: $10.00 for the first item; $5.00 for each thereafter.  Overseas postage billed at approximate cost.  Pennsylvania residents must add 6% sales tax.  Mastercard, Visa, American Express, and Discover accepted.  Books may be returned within 10 days of receipt for any reason provided they are in the same condition as sent and prior notice is given.  Please insure returns for their full value.  We carry a diverse stock with major specialties including Modern and 19th Century Literary First Editions, Signed Books, Presidential Autographs, Illustrated Books, and the world's largest inventory of Limited Editions Club books.  We are celebrating our 24th year of business and are proud to be members of the Antiquarian Booksellers Association of America (ABAA) and the International League of Antiquarian Booksellers (ILAB).  Please feel free to contact us with any wants or offerings.  Thank you.

info at charlesagvent.com