[Rarebooks] Revolutionary War Memoir

Garry R Austin mail at austinsbooks.com
Tue Jan 10 11:10:43 EST 2012

We offer for your consideration, postpaid, net, the following;

Blatchford, John. THE NARRATIVE OF JOHN BLATCHFORD, DETAILING HIS SUFFERINGS IN THE REVOLUTIONARY WAR, WHILE A PRISONER WITH THE BRITISH. AS RELATED BY HIMSELF. WITH AN INTRODUCTION AND NOTES BY CHARLES I. BUSHNELL. New York: Privately printed, 1865. First edition, thus. Octavo, disbound, but we believe this copy was never bound. (iii)-vi, (7)-127pp. with appendix. A Portrait and a plan. Very good. Quite scarce. Howes B-524. Narrative of remarkable occurrences, in the life of John Blatchford, of Cape-Ann, Massachusetts, containing, his treatment in Nova-Scotia, the West Indies, Great Britain, France, and the East Indies, as a prisoner in the Revolutionary war. Small edition privately reprinted from the edition of New London 1788. Blatchford was captured in 1777 by the British ship Rainbow while serving on the Continental ship Hancock, taken to the West Indies, escaped, was again captured, & confined on the notorious prisonship, Jersey.  $175.00

Garry R Austin
mail at austinsbooks.com
Austin's Antiquarian Books
PO Box 730