[Rarebooks] FS: Silversmiths of Little Rest, Rhode Island

Joslin Hall Rare Books office at joslinhall.com
Mon Jan 30 08:08:52 EST 2012

TITLE: "The Silversmiths of Little Rest"

By William Davis Miller.
Published by Joslin Hall Publishing in 1992 in an edition of 250 copies.

DISCUSSION: Six silversmiths worked in Little Rest (now Kingston) Rhode
Island in the late 18th century. Samuel Casey the
silversmith/counterfeiter was the most famous, but the other five were
also interesting characters. One was Gideon Casey, Samuel's brother in
flesh but not crime, and yet another was Joseph Perkins, who sat on the
jury which convicted Samuel Casey of counterfeiting. The others included
John Waite, Samuel Casey's apprentice, a militia captain during the
Revolution, and the engraver of the first Rhode Island paper money issued
with the word "State" instead of "Colony"; William Waite, John's brother;
and the gifted Nathaniel Helme, who might have been the greatest of them
all had he not died at the age of 28.

First published in 1928 by the Merrymount Press in an edition of 150
copies. This is a facsimile of the original limited edition.
with several line illustrations in the text; dust jacket. Printed on
acid-free paper.

CONDITION NOTES: Fine condition.

PRICE: $65.00

SOME PICTURES =>

<http://www.joslinhall.com/images901/th-90455-cover.jpg>
<http://www.joslinhall.com/images901/th-90455-cover2.jpg>
<http://www.joslinhall.com/images901/th-90455-page1.jpg>
<http://www.joslinhall.com/images901/th-90455-page2.jpg>
<http://www.joslinhall.com/images901/th-90455-page3.jpg>
<http://www.joslinhall.com/images901/th-90455-page4.jpg>
<http://www.joslinhall.com/images901/th-90455-page5.jpg>

 - -

Our WEBSITE-
<http://www.joslinhall.com>

Our BLOG-
<http://foggygates.blogspot.com/>

On TWITTER-
<https://twitter.com/joslinhall>

Our EMAIL LIST-

Our LATEST CATALOG-
<http://www.joslinhall.com/Catalog_current.htm>

 ~ ~ ~

courtesies to institutions and the trade; Postage charges are $5.00 for
the first book, and $2.00 for each additional book. Shipments outside the
U.S. will be billed at cost. We accept returns if we are notified within
ten days of your receipt of the books-please ask for full instructions and
terms. Massachusetts residents must add 5% state sales tax.