[Rarebooks] FS: 1st ed. of Mirabeau's suppressed "Errotika Biblion"

karmbooks at aol.com karmbooks at aol.com
Sat Mar 24 12:11:15 EDT 2012

(EROTICA) [Mirabeau, Honore-Gabriel de Riquetti, Comtede]. ERROTIKA BIBLION. Rome: De L'Imprimerie Du Vatican. 1783. First ed. 8vo.iv,192pp. Cont. gilt tooled calf, tan & blue calf labels, over marbledboards, a few tiny chips and minor worming at top of front hinge, but still avery nice copy.   $650.00 (tradediscount allowed)
Afictitious imprint actually printed either in Paris or Neufchatel. Ours is thefirst edition, 1 of 2 (at least) variants. Our copy has the title page vignettewhich has the globe & compass. There is another version of the vignettewith two cupids.  We have been toldby a "connoisseur" that the globe & compass is the true firstprinting, but this cannot be substantiated. See Kearney, A HISTORY OF EROTICLITERATURE, p. 80.

Kenneth Karmiole, Bookseller, Inc.
P.O. Box 464
Santa Monica, CA 90406
Tel. (310) 451-4342; Fax. (310) 458-5930
Email: karmbooks at aol.com