[Rarebooks] FS: 2 works by Samuel Richardson printed in Connecticut in 1798

karmbooks at aol.com karmbooks at aol.com
Tue May 15 13:39:33 EDT 2012

Richardson, Samuel. THE HISTORY OF SIR CHARLES GRANDISON. Abridged from the Works of Samuel Richardson... From the Tenth London Edition. Suffield, CT: Printed by Havila & Oliver Farnsworth, for Oliver D. & I. Cooke, Book Sellers, Hartford. 1798. 12mo. 144pp. BOUND WITH: Richardson, Samuel. CLARISSA: or the History of a Young Lady. Comprehending the Most important Concerns of Private Life. Abridged fro the Works of... Suffield: Printed by H. & O. Farnsworth for Oliver D. & I. Cooke... 1798. 138pp. Plus (2)pp. publisher's ads. Cont. sheep, red calf spine label. Front hinge cracked but holding. Text somewhat browned. First 4 leaves with a scorch mark at bottom blank margin. Ownership inscriptions of John Lambert of Salem and of Antigua, dated 1801, on preliminary blank.	$350.00 (trade discount allowed)
Evans 34465 & 34463.

Kenneth Karmiole, Bookseller, Inc.
P.O. Box 464
Santa Monica, CA 90406
Tel. (310) 451-4342; Fax. (310) 458-5930
Email: karmbooks at aol.com