[Rarebooks] FS: One of the finest SIGNED Robert Kennedy books ever offered with his note "See you in Chicago"

Charles Agvent chagvent at ptd.net
Tue May 22 12:45:32 EDT 2012

One of many fine items in our new catalog recently posted on our home
page--SPRING MISCELLANY 2012 catalog with 70 select books and
autographs, all new arrivals:
http://www.charlesagvent.com/shop/agvent/catalogues.html?id=J5Y9M2kL&mv_pc=1881

KENNEDY, Robert. TO SEEK A NEWER WORLD. Garden City: Doubleday &
Company, Inc., 1967. First Edition. INSCRIBED and SIGNED with a felt-tip
pen on the half-title page by the author "For ----/See you in
Chicago/With thanks and best wishes/Robert Kennedy." Books authentically
signed by Robert Kennedy are uncommon, and this one is quite desirable
with its reference to Chicago. Kennedy was assassinated on 5 June 1968
in California after winning the California primary. His last words to
the public were: "It's on to Chicago, and let's win there!" There are
several circular red ink stamps, rather faint on the dark blue front
free endpaper, that read "Checked May 15, 1968." Fine in a Near Fine
dustwrapper with light edgewear and with a resonant inscription.
Certainly one of the finest signed Robert Kennedy books ever offered for
sale.

Ted Kennedy's eulogy for his brother is certainly one of the finest ever
delivered for a politician: "My brother need not be idealized, or
enlarged in death beyond what he was in life; to be remembered simply as
a good and decent man, who saw wrong and tried to right it, saw
suffering and tried to heal it, saw war and tried to stop it. Those of
us who loved him and who take him to his rest today, pray that what he
was to us and what he wished for others will some day come to pass for
all the world. As he said many times, in many parts of this nation, to
those he touched and who sought to touch him: 'Some men see things as
they are and say why. I dream things that never were and say why not.'"
(#016413)        $3,000.00

--
All books subject to prior sale.  Cash with order; institutions may be billed.  Postage additional: $10.00 for the first item; $5.00 for each thereafter.  Overseas postage billed at approximate cost.  Pennsylvania residents must add 6% sales tax.  Mastercard, Visa, American Express, and Discover accepted.  Books may be returned within 10 days of receipt for any reason provided they are in the same condition as sent and prior notice is given.  Please insure returns for their full value.  We carry a diverse stock with major specialties including Modern and 19th Century Literary First Editions, Signed Books, Presidential Autographs, Illustrated Books, and the world's largest inventory of Limited Editions Club books.  WE ARE CELEBRATING OUR 25TH YEAR OF BUSINESS AND ARE PROUD TO BE MEMBERS OF THE ANTIQUARIAN BOOKSELLERS ASSOCIATION OF AMERICA (ABAA) AND THE INTERNATIONAL LEAGUE OF ANTIQUARIAN BOOKSELLERS (ILAB).  Please feel free to contact us with any wants or offerings.  Thank you.

info at charlesagvent.com