[Rarebooks] FS: Important journal of the French Revolution. 1789-1793

karmbooks at aol.com karmbooks at aol.com
Sat Nov 10 12:44:25 EST 2012

(FRANCE) Prudhomme, Louis Marie. REVOLUTIONS DE PARIS, DEDIEES A LA NATION ET AU DISTRICT DES PETITS AUGUSTINS... Avec Gravures Analogues aux Differents Evenemens. Paris: De l'Imprimerie des Revolutions. 1789-1793. 8vo. Nos. 1 to 225, of weekly issues, bound in 17 vols. Each vol. approx. 500pp. The complete journal. Vol. 1, with an added engraved allegorical, title (dated 1789). This set with 167 plates, some folding, (see below) and a folding letterpress table. Cont. mottled calf, worn, rebacked, orig. spine strips laid back down. Some of the title and volume labels are either chipped or missing, but the set is quite sound overall. Occasional foxing.	$2,000.00 (trade discount allowed)
Though all citations state "135 plates" as the complete plate count, our set actually has 167 (32 additional engravings). Note: our set lacks the 84 maps of the "departments" of France which were usually published in a separate volume (Vol. 18), or are sometimes found bound within the text of the 17 volumes.

Kenneth Karmiole, Bookseller, Inc.
P.O. Box 464
Santa Monica, CA 90406
Tel. (310) 451-4342; Fax. (310) 458-5930
Email: karmbooks at aol.com