[Rarebooks] FS: Arnold Bennett ALS, 1915

Bob Petrilla petrillabooks at gmail.com
Fri Nov 23 08:13:01 EST 2012

 Bennett, Arnold (1867-1931). Autograph Letter Signed (ALS), on letterhead
of Royal Thames Yacht Club, 80 Piccadilly West, to Alistair Taylor, 15 Nov
1915. . Original manuscript. Two pages, 12mo, marked "Private" in Bennett's
hand. In part: "Thank you for the play....I think the agreement with
Playfair ought to be carefully drawn....My judgment is that he would be apt
to be hard and obstinate & even ruthless in pursuit of his own ideas. The
board need avoid placing itself entirely in his hands....he can be outvoted
if necessary....My relations with him have been perfectly agreeable...,
Arnold Bennett."  7" x 4.5" Very Good.
Bennett refers here to Nigel Playfair, actor and manager of the Lyric
Theatre.       $250.00

*Terms*:  Payment by check, money order, PayPal, or credit card in US funds.
 Libraries billed on request.  Trade discount.  Shipping charges:  $5
insured first class mail.
Shipments abroad at cost.  Returns accepted with advance notice, within 10
days of receipt

R & A  Petrilla, Booksellers   PO Box 306   Roosevelt, NJ 08555   (609)
426-4999