[Rarebooks] FS: Eric Gill ALS re an engraving of his, 1929

Bob Petrilla petrillabooks at gmail.com
Sun Nov 25 08:35:58 EST 2012

 Gill, Eric (1882-1940). Autograph Letter Signed (ALS), on his letterhead
at Pigotts, North Dean, High Wycombe, 18 June 1929, to Captain Cotton
Minchin. . Original manuscript. One page in ink. Concerns the title of an
engraving. In part: "...The best title I can think of for the engraving is
"La Belle Sauvage." As for my style and title:--Eric Gill, Sculptor and
Wood Engraver. No! I have decided not to use the block this year....Eric
Gill."  9" x 7" Very Good.
Gill apparently contributed this engraving for "The Legion Book," edited by
Minchin and published in 1929. Leading illustrators and writers were
solicited for contributions to the book. (#035378)        $300.00

 *Terms*:  Payment by check, money order, PayPal, or credit card in US
funds.
 Libraries billed on request.  Trade discount.  Shipping charges:  $5
insured first class mail.
Shipments abroad at cost.  Returns accepted with advance notice, within 10
days of receipt

R & A  Petrilla, Booksellers   PO Box 306   Roosevelt, NJ 08555   (609)
426-4999