[Rarebooks] SOLD: TLS from Polar Explorer Richard Byrd-

Bob Petrilla petrillabooks at gmail.com
Sun Oct 14 19:17:37 EDT 2012

SOLD

Byrd, Richard E. TYPEWRITTEN LETTER, SIGNED: On letterhead of Office of the
Chief of Naval Operations, Navy Department, Washington, May 20, 1949.
Washington, 1949. One page, six paragraphs on "Savings Bond" stationery, in
part: "Of course I will be glad to write the letter for Jerry Wald. I hope
it's not too late." (Wald is remembered as the person who later leaked word
of the Marilyn Monroe nude calendar to the press to publicize the movie
"Clash by Night".)  In this letter, Byrd continues: "...I have been back at
the old stand for about three months now. Washington is as hectic as
ever...I want to congratulate you for the organization you have built up in
Hollywood. I shall follow your pictures with the greatest
interest....Affectionate regards from the Byrds to the Banks. Sincerely,
Richard E. Byrd (signed as Dick)." 10.5" x 8" Very Good. .
(#BOOKS010792I)        $65.00

*Terms*:  Payment by check, money order, or credit card in US funds drawn
on a US bank.
Libraries billed on request.  Trade discount.  Shipping charges:  $3 by
media mail.
Shipments abroad at cost.  Returns accepted with advance notice, within 10
days of receipt

R & A  Petrilla   PO Box 306   Roosevelt, NJ 08555   (609) 426-4999
<http://www.petrillabooks.com/>