[Rarebooks] FS: SIGNED Letters and a Photo by Poets Berryman, Bly, and Brooks, prices reduced

Charles Agvent chagvent at ptd.net
Wed Oct 24 10:38:34 EDT 2012

Price reduced:     Was $1500,      Now $1000

BERRYMAN, John. AUTOGRAPH LETTER SIGNED (ALS) TO POET EDWIN HONIG.
(Minneapolis), 3 October 1965. On personal stationery addressed to the
poet Edwin Honig at Brown University completely in Berryman's holograph
and SIGNED by him at the conclusion. In full: "Congratulations, & thank
you for, Survivals. I was v. much moved by some of the poems abt
Charlotte and several others; but the truth is that I can't really read
the book at present because I am working daily at my long poem [THE
DREAM SONGS] and can't hear other people: to my shame be it said, I have
a part-shelf of unacknowledged volumes. I'm sorry. I hope you & your
handsome lady are happy near the Gristmill, which we loved, when I
worked like a madman & where we hope to return one summer. Best, Yours,
John Berryman." Fine in an envelope hand addressed by Berryman.
(#012618)        $1,000.00

http://home.ptd.net/~chagvent/012618.jpg

Price reduced:     Was $75,      Now $60

BLY, Robert. AUTOGRAPH LETTER SIGNED (ALS) with envelope. Madison, MN,
Sept. 15, 1976. AUTOGRAPH LETTER SIGNED on the recto of Seventies Press
letterhead. To writer Lee Bartlett regarding Bartlett working with Bill
Everson, interviews, and mentioning a book of his essays in the works.
Near Fine. (#000279)        $60.00

http://home.ptd.net/~chagvent/000279.jpg

Price reduced:     Was $75,      Now $50

BROOKS, Gwendolyn. AUTOGRAPH NOTE SIGNED (ANS). On an 8-1/4" x 3-1/4"
sheet of paper clipped from a larger sheet. In full in red ink and
SIGNED by the poet: "Your beautiful letter itself will mean a great deal
to your sons! I am returning it to you to SAVE for them." The note is
clipped from the bottom of the letter mentioned. Near Fine. (#000379)
     $50.00

http://home.ptd.net/~chagvent/000379.jpg

Price reduced:     Was $750,      Now $450

BROOKS, Gwendolyn (Jill KREMENTZ). SIGNED PHOTOGRAPH BY JILL KREMENTZ. .
Fine 8" x 10" sepia-toned head shot by noted photographer Jill Krementz,
widow of Kurt Vonnegut, of the much-honored poet Gwendolyn Brooks, the
first African American to win the Pulitzer Prize. The photograph is
SIGNED by the poet with the additional note in Brooks's hand running
vertically in the margin on the front and also on the rear: "Photo by
Jill Krementz, New York." This photograph was used as the cover of the
June 1994 HUMANITIES magazine. Fine. (#012261) $450.00

http://home.ptd.net/~chagvent/012261.jpg

--
All books subject to prior sale. Cash with order; institutions may be
billed. Postage additional: $10.00 for the first item; $5.00 for each

info at charlesagvent.com