[Rarebooks] FS: Both issues of the beautifully illustrated Meadow Press HAWAI'I ONE SUMMER by Maxine Kingston

Charles Agvent chagvent at ptd.net
Sat Sep 1 11:33:47 EDT 2012

KINGSTON, Maxine. [HAWAII] HAWAI'I ONE SUMMER. San Francisco: Meadow
Press, 1987. First Edition. Quarto (9" x 12") bound in red, yellow, and
purple pastepaper boards by Leigh McLellan in a split-board binding
structure with a red cloth spine sewn with purple cords designed by
Betty Lou Chaika. Illustrated with 4 color woodcuts including a large
folding frontispiece by Deng Ming-Dao. Copy #46 of only 75 numbered
copies of the Deluxe Edition (of a total edition of 150) SIGNED by
Kingston, Dao, and McLellan who also printed the book. Fine in a Fine
slipcase, as issued.

Leigh McLellan established Meadow Press in Iowa City in 1974 and moved
it to San Francisco in 1977. (#011102)        $900.00

http://home.ptd.net/~chagvent/011102.jpg

KINGSTON, Maxine. [HAWAII] HAWAI'I ONE SUMMER. San Francisco: Meadow
Press, 1987. First Edition. Quarto (9" x 12") bound in red, yellow, and
purple striped pastepaper boards made by the printer and casebound by
Klaus-Ullrich Roetzscher. Illustrated with four color woodcuts including
a large (12" x 22") folding frontispiece by Deng Ming-Dao. Copy #122 of
only 150 numbered copies (this the Regular Edition of 75) SIGNED by the
author, the artist, and Leigh McLellan, the printer. Prospectus laid in.
Fine, as issued.       (#012786)     $550.00

http://home.ptd.net/~chagvent/012786.jpg

--
All books subject to prior sale. Cash with order; institutions may be
billed. Postage additional: $10.00 for the first item; $5.00 for each

info at charlesagvent.com