[Rarebooks] FS: 1913 Auguste Rodin Sculpture Catalog

Joslin Hall Rare Books office at joslinhall.com
Wed Aug 7 07:30:49 EDT 2013

See More Books on Sculpture in our new
    BOOKS ON SCULPTURE Catalog-
<http://www.joslinhall.com/Catalog345.pdf>

 - - -

TITLE:  “The Metropolitan Museum of Art. The Collection of Sculptures by
Auguste Rodin”

By Joseph Breck.
Published in New York by the Metropolitan Museum of Art in 1913.
1,000 copies printed.

DISCUSSION: In the Spring of 1910, art collector Thomas Fortune Ryan gave
the Met. a gift of $25,000 to purchase statues by Auguste Rodin, the
selection to be made by Director Edward Robinson and Daniel Chester
French. The pair purchased ten fine sculptures, and a few additional items
with money from another fund. Those sculptures are the focus of this
catalog, along with additional text in the form of “extracts from an essay
on Auguste Rodin and his French critics reprinted from the Edinburgh
Review”.

CONDITION NOTES: Some soil and wear, especially around the edges, spine
base slightly torn. Some pencil notes and underlines. Rather fragile.

PRICE: $50 -

SOME PICTURES =>
<http://www.joslinhall.com/images370/th-37039-cover.jpg>
<http://www.joslinhall.com/images370/th-37039-cover2.jpg>
<http://www.joslinhall.com/images370/th-37039-page1.jpg>
<http://www.joslinhall.com/images370/th-37039-page2.jpg>
<http://www.joslinhall.com/images370/th-37039-page3.jpg>

 - - -

See More Books on Sculpture in our new
    BOOKS ON SCULPTURE Catalog-
<http://www.joslinhall.com/Catalog345.pdf>

 - - -

Our WEBSITE-
<http://www.joslinhall.com>

Our LATEST ADDITIONS-
<http://www.joslinhall.com/newadd-today.html>

Our LATEST CATALOG-
Books on Furniture
<http://www.joslinhall.com/Catalog_343.pdf>

Our BLOG-
<http://foggygates.blogspot.com/>

On TWITTER-
<https://twitter.com/joslinhall>

Our EMAIL LIST-

 ~ ~ ~

courtesies to institutions and the trade; Postage charges are $5.00 for
the first book, and $2.00 for each additional book. Shipments outside the
U.S. will be billed at cost. We accept returns if we are notified within
ten days of your receipt of the books-please ask for full instructions and
terms. Massachusetts residents must add 5% state sales tax.