[Rarebooks] James Kirke Paulding's Humorous Account of England in the American Revolution, First Edition, 1822

Bob Petrilla petrillabooks at gmail.com
Thu Aug 15 07:50:50 EDT 2013

Paulding, James Kirke (1778-1860). A SKETCH OF OLD ENGLAND, BY A
NEW-ENGLAND MAN. In Two Volumes. New-York: Charles Wiley, 1822. First
Edition. Two volumes. pp: viii, 305 + iv, 250. In the original, period
bindings of half calf and marbled boards, leather spine labels; two-inch
scar in paper on rear board of Volume II. Printed by J. Seymour. 7.25" x
4.25" Near Fine. Leather Bound.
A few English writers visited America after the Revolutionary War and
penned scurrilous accounts of our young nation. Paulding, an American
essayist and humorist, retorted with this anonymously published work. Our
set is complete with all blanks and preliminary leaves.  [American Imprints
9822; BAL 15696; Wright I, 2021.]  $125.00

Terms:  Payment by check, money order, PayPal, or credit card in US funds.
Libraries billed on request.  Shipping: Free in the US. Shipments abroad at
cost.
Returns accepted with advance notice, within 10 days of receipt

R & A  Petrilla, Booksellers   PO Box 306   Roosevelt, NJ 08555   (609)
426-4999