[Rarebooks] FS: Henry Schoolcraft Goes up the Missouri -1821

Joslin Hall Rare Books office at joslinhall.com
Mon Dec 2 09:17:03 EST 2013

TITLE: “Journal of a Tour into the Interior of Missouri and Arkansaw from
Potosi, or Mine a Burton, in Missouri Territory, in a South-West
Direction, toward the Rocky Mountains; performed in the years 1818 and
1819”

By Henry R. Schoolcraft.
Published in London by Sir Richard Phillips and Co. in 1821.

DISCUSSION: An early travelogue by an important early traveler and writer
about Native Americans. Schoolcraft had accompanied the Cass expedition
through the upper Mississippi and Lake Superior regions, and became
intensely interested in Indians and their lives. He eventually married a
Chippewa woman, became Superintendent of Indian Affairs in Michigan, and
authored an important 6-volume set on American Indians. This copy lacks
the folding map.

CONDITION NOTES: Disbound.  Shadow on the title page, last signature
detached, partially unopened.  LACKS MAP.

PRICE: $250 -

SOME PICTURES =>

<http://www.joslinhall.com/images375/th-37575-cover.jpg>
<http://www.joslinhall.com/images375/th-37575-cover2.jpg>

 - -

Our WEBSITE-
<http://www.joslinhall.com>

Our EMAIL LIST
  is used to notify you of new catalogs and specials-

Our LATEST ADDITIONS-
  <http://www.joslinhall.com/newadd-today.html>

Our LATEST CATALOG-
  <http://www.joslinhall.com/Bookin-5.pdf>

Our BLOG-
  <http://foggygates.blogspot.com/>

 ~ ~ ~

courtesies to institutions and the trade; Postage charges are $5.00 for
the first book, and $2.00 for each additional book. Shipments outside the
U.S. will be billed at cost. We accept returns if we are notified within
ten days of your receipt of the books-please ask for full instructions and
terms. Massachusetts residents must add 6.25% state sales tax.