[Rarebooks] FS: Herbert Hoover's AN AMERICAN EPIC, 4-volume set with 3 volumes SIGNED by Hoover

Charles Agvent chagvent at ptd.net
Wed Jan 2 18:29:45 EST 2013

HOOVER, Herbert.AN AMERICAN EPIC. Four Volume Set, with the first 3
volumes SIGNED.**Chicago: Henry Regnery Company, 1959-60-61-64. First
Edition. All First Printings. Volume I: /INTRODUCTION &/ /THE RELIEF OF
BELGIUM AND NORTHERN FRANCE 1914-1930/ (*/INSCRIBED/* and */SIGNED/*).
Volume II: /FAMINE IN THE FORTY-FIVE NATIONS & ORGANIZATION BEHIND THE
FRONT 1914-1923/ (*/INSCRIBED/* and */SIGNED/*). Volume III: /FAMINE IN
FORTY-FIVE NATIONS & THE BATTLE ON THE FRONT LINES 1914-1923/
(*/INSCRIBED/* and */SIGNED/*). Volume IV: /INTRODUCTION, THE GUNS CEASE
KILLING AND THE SAVING OF LIFE FROM FAMINE BEGINS 1939-1963/ (Hoover's
business card in the book, no signature. Hoover died in 1964, the year
this volume was published and likely no signed copies exist.). Each of
the first three volumes is */INSCRIBED/* by Hoover "to my good friend
Irene Kuhn." Also includes an unsigned note in an unknown hand to which
a news story is attached regarding the death of Hoover's assistant
Thomas Gregory in a car crash in 1933 and a broadside of Hoover's speech
at the dedication of the Herbert Hoover Memorial Library on 1962 on his
88th birthday. Offsetting from paperclip slightly affecting one
inscription. Close to Fine in Very Good dustwrappers and quite uncommon
to find signed as a complete set.(#016788)$2,500.00

An account of President Herbert Hoover's relief and rehabilitation work
during and just after the first World War 1914 - 1930, and his role
again during and after the Second World War 1939 - 1960.

http://home.ptd.net/~chagvent/016788.JPG

--

All books subject to prior sale. Cash with order; institutions may be
billed. Postage additional: $10.00 for the first item; $5.00 for each

info at charlesagvent.com