[Rarebooks] FS: T.S. Eliot TLS with annotations

Bob Petrilla petrillabooks at gmail.com
Thu Jun 6 07:41:37 EDT 2013

Eliot, Thomas Stearns (1888-1965). Typewritten Letter, Signed (TLS) on
letterhead of the Institute for Advanced Study, Princeton, NJ, to the
Archbishop of York, November 9, 1948. . Original manuscript. One-half page
on quarto letterhead, with five emendations in Eliot's hand, signed as T.S.
Eliot. In part: "...Your Grace's kind letter...has been forwarded by my
secretary, as I have been at this Institute since the beginning of
October....I feel greatly honored by your Grace's attention and am most
happy to have received this letter....Your Grace's humble ("obedient"
written in) servant, T.S. Eliot." Very Good.
Eliot had converted from Unitarian to Anglican in 1927, but identified
himself as "Anglo-Catholic." He was appointed to the Institute for Advanced
Study after winning the Nobel Prize in 1948.  $1,750.00

*Terms*:  Payment by check, money order, PayPal, or credit card in US funds.
 Trade Discount.  Libraries billed on request.  Shipping charges:  Free in
the US.
Shipments abroad at cost.  Returns accepted with advance notice, within 10
days of receipt

R & A  Petrilla, Booksellers   PO Box 306   Roosevelt, NJ 08555   (609)
426-4999