[Rarebooks] FS: Eric Gill ALS re the title for an engraving

Bob Petrilla petrillabooks at gmail.com
Sun Jun 9 09:40:11 EDT 2013

Gill, Eric (1882-1940). Autograph Letter Signed (ALS), on his letterhead at
Pigotts, North Dean, High Wycombe, 18 June 1929, to Captain Cotton Minchin.
. Original manuscript. One page in ink. Concerns the title of an engraving.
In part: "...The best title I can think of for the engraving is "La Belle
Sauvage." As for my style and title:--Eric Gill, Sculptor and Wood
Engraver. No! I have decided not to use the block this year....Eric Gill."
9" x 7" Very Good.
Gill apparently contributed this engraving for "The Legion Book," edited by
Minchin and published in 1929. Leading illustrators and writers were
solicited for contributions to the book.  $300.00

*Terms*:  Payment by check, money order, PayPal, or credit card in US funds.
 *Trade Discount*.  Libraries billed on request.  Shipping charges:  Free
in the US.
Shipments abroad at cost.  Returns accepted with advance notice, within 10
days of receipt

R & A  Petrilla, Booksellers   PO Box 306   Roosevelt, NJ 08555   (609)
426-4999