[Rarebooks] FS: Shipboard Printing - USS Franklin D. Roosevelt - 13 issues

Bob Petrilla petrillabooks at gmail.com
Mon Mar 4 08:16:06 EST 2013

USS Franklin D. Roosevelt (CVB-42). F.D. REPORTER: Published for the Crew,
by the Crew, about their Shipmates and Shiplife. Broken run of 13 issues,
starting with Volume I, Number 1. On board: Ship's Print Shop, 1945-1947.
First Editions. Thirteen issues, averaging 12-16 pages each; illus
throughout from photographs and cartoons. 10.5" x 8.25" Near Fine. Printed
self-wraps.
These periodicals offer a colorful look at life aboard this 45,000-ton
aircraft carrier at the end of World War II as well as shore leave in
various ports. Present are: Vol. I, Nos. 1-4, 6, 7, 9; Vol. II, Nos. 1, 2,
4-6; Vol. III, No. 2 (December 1945 - February 1947 passim). "Rosie" went
on to serve fighting squadrons nobly through the Vietnam War.    $250.00

*Terms*:  Payment by check, money order, PayPal, or credit card in US funds.
 Libraries billed on request.  Shipping charges:  $5 insured media mail
Shipments abroad at cost.  Returns accepted with advance notice, within 10
days of receipt

R & A  Petrilla, Booksellers   PO Box 306   Roosevelt, NJ 08555   (609)
426-4999