[Rarebooks] FS: Moe Asch recording of World War I Battlefield Poems

Bob Petrilla petrillabooks at gmail.com
Wed Mar 6 08:14:36 EST 2013

Peguy, Charles. CHARLES PEGUY [POEMS]: Presented by the Franco-American
Cultural Exchange. NY: DISC (Asch Recording Studios), Circa 1944. First
English language edition. 16pp; few small marks on back cover. 8.25" x 5.5"
Very Good. Printed self-wraps.
Contains three long poems in the original French, followed by English
translations: "Priere de Confidence" (Prayer of Trust); "Priere de
Residence" (Prayer for a Dwelling); "Presentation de la Beauce a Notre Dame
de Chartres" (Presentation of Beauce to Our Lady of Chartres).  Peguy died
for France in 1914 on the battlefield at the Marne, according to Julian
Green's preface. This very scarce work was published by Moses (Moe) Asch
who set up his Asch Recording Studios in the early 1940s, first recorded
Woody Guthrie, founded Folkways Records in 1948, etc. The WorldCat finds no
copies of this publication.   $75.00

*Terms*:  Payment by check, money order, PayPal, or credit card in US funds.
 Libraries billed on request.  Shipping charges:  $4 first class mail
Shipments abroad at cost.  Returns accepted with advance notice, within 10
days of receipt

R & A  Petrilla, Booksellers   PO Box 306   Roosevelt, NJ 08555   (609)
426-4999