[Rarebooks] FS: Two Unusual John O'Hara SIGNED Documents, prices greatly reduced

Charles Agvent chagvent at ptd.net
Tue Mar 19 14:04:10 EDT 2013

Price reduced:     Was $450,      Now $250

O'HARA, John. SIGNED CONTRACT CONCERNING MOTION PICTURE RIGHTS TO
BUTTERFIELD 8. This two-page 8-1/2" x 11" document, in contract
legalese, is addressed to Afton Productions, Inc. and Loew's
Incorporated and is SIGNED by the author. The film, produced the
following year, won Elizabeth Taylor her first Academy Award. Two tears
in margin with old tape stain. Very Good. (#007324) $250.00

http://home.ptd.net/~chagvent/007324.jpg

Price reduced:     Was $750,      Now $500

O'HARA, John. SIGNED BIOGRAPHICAL DOCUMENT. . This typed two-page 8-1/2"
x 11" document is in the form of a letter addressed to Gurney Williams,
whose name is crossed out, and is SIGNED at the conclusion by O'Hara. A
pencil note at the top indicates that this was done by O'Hara for the 5
February 1954 issue of COLLIER'S. Interesting content. O'Hara first
mentions the successful revival of PAL JOEY and then states that the
television adaptation of APPOINTMENT IN SAMARRA, according to many
people, "was the best dramatic show ever to appear on TV." He is pleased
at both revivals as they indicate that "at least some of my work seems
to have staying powers." Among his many enthusiasms he mentions are his
fire engine-red M-G, the Yankees, newspapers, horses, jazz, and the
theater. O'Hara also mentions ambitions that he gave up: "I wanted to be
a nine-goal polo player. I wanted to kick a drop for Yale and beat
Harvard 3-0. I wanted to be a ship's surgeon. I wanted to knock out
Mickey Walker. I wanted to be governor of Pennsylvania." More. Paper
browned and fragile with a few short tears with no loss. Good. (#013991)
$500.00

http://home.ptd.net/~chagvent/013991.jpg

--
All books subject to prior sale. Cash with order; institutions may be
billed. Postage additional: $10.00 for the first item; $5.00 for each

info at charlesagvent.com