[Rarebooks] FS: 1875 Classic on Color for Artists

Joslin Hall Rare Books office at joslinhall.com
Thu May 9 07:39:23 EDT 2013

“M.P.L. Bouvier's Handbuch der Oelmalerei fur Kunstler und Kunstfreunde”

By M.P.L. Bouvier [& Adolph Ehrhardt]
Published in Braunschweig by C.A. Schwetschke und Sohn in 1875. 5th edition.

DISCUSSION: A revised German edition of the classic work of Pierre Louis
Bouvier, first published in 1827. The text is divided into 30 lessons,
covering all aspects of colors, working with oils, and workshops, with an
appendix on conservation and restoration. There are 7 folding plates
illustrating brushes, easels, stretchers, palettes, and a cabinet and box
for tools. Bouvier [1766-1836] was a noted Swiss miniature painter who had
studied at the Academy of Paris and was a member of the Geneva Society of
Arts. From 1828 to 1836 he directed the Painting School of Museum Rath,
and he exhibited at the Salon of Paris in 1804, 1806 and 1808.

folding plates.

CONDITION NOTES: Bound in new plain cloth with new endpapers; text a bit
browned, some minor wear and soil.

PRICE:  $175 -

SOME PICTURES =>
<http://www.joslinhall.com/newadd-today.html#anchor4>

 - -

Our WEBSITE-
<http://www.joslinhall.com>

Our LATEST ADDITIONS-
<http://www.joslinhall.com/newadd-today.html>

Our BLOG-
<http://foggygates.blogspot.com/>

On TWITTER-
<https://twitter.com/joslinhall>

Our EMAIL LIST-

 ~ ~ ~

courtesies to institutions and the trade; Postage charges are $5.00 for
the first book, and $2.00 for each additional book. Shipments outside the
U.S. will be billed at cost. We accept returns if we are notified within
ten days of your receipt of the books-please ask for full instructions and
terms. Massachusetts residents must add 5% state sales tax.