[Rarebooks] New NYC Fair

Garry R Austin mail at austinsbooks.com
Wed Nov 6 14:19:29 EST 2013

Good morning,
I have been approached and encouraged by several dealers to consider re-establishing a book fair in New York.
It is with the greatest pleasure and humility that I can announce that a January book fair will be returning to New York City. The Metropolis Vintage Book, Paper, and Ephemera Fair will take place January, 18-19, 2014 at the 69th Regiment Armory at 68 Lexington Avenue (bet. 25 th & 26th St). Contract and dealer information will be available by e-mail, regular mail, & on line as the show website is constructed.

This will be the initial event of "Bibliography Week 2014". It will be open to all booksellers. It will not conflict with the ABAA Showcase. We have received a warm statement of support from ABAA Headquarters. This was the traditional date of the now defunct Mancuso Show. Flamingo Eventz will be co-promoting this fair with me. We hope to establish this fair as a viable staple in the Bookfair calendar but this will only happen if we receive the support of the trade. Our vision for this event is an 80 plus dealer show. Contracts have been signed & approved with the Armory, Booth rents are relatively modest given space & location, there will be glass cases and pegboards available. The Armory lighting system has been replaced and upgraded. This Fair can be a great shot in the arm for the trade, it is far enough in advance of the California shows not to cause conflict, and hopefully will become the initial significant event of the bookseller's year. Please respond to me directly off-list or Tina & John Bruno with your questions. Come & join us in this endeavor! Sincerely, Garry Austin

Garry R Austin
mail at austinsbooks.com
Austin's Antiquarian Books
PO Box 730