[Rarebooks] FS: Franklin Delano Roosevelt, Typewritten Letter Signed as President, alludes to the INS

Bob Petrilla petrillabooks at gmail.com
Thu Oct 17 08:00:11 EDT 2013

Roosevelt, Franklin Delano (1882-1945). Typewritten Letter, Signed (TLS) as
President on White House stationery, dated November 8, 1940, to Honorable
L.B. Schofield, Chestnut Hill, Philadelphia. . . Original manuscript. One
page on pale-green White House stationery, 9" x 7" with integral blank
leaf,  "Dear Mr. Schofield: Francis Biddle has told me of your
accident....I know of the excellent work you have been doing in connection
with the reorganization of the Immigration and Naturalization Service....
Sincerely yours, Franklin D. Roosevelt" [signed in blue ink].  Very Good
condition.  Includes the original mailing envelope, postmarked Washington,
roughly opened at one end.   $1,400.00

Terms:  Payment by check, money order, PayPal, or credit card in US funds.
Libraries billed on request*.*  *Net to all, and shipping is included in
the US.
*
Shipments abroad at cost.  Returns accepted with advance notice, within
10 days of receipt

R & A  Petrilla, Booksellers   PO Box 306   Roosevelt, NJ 08555   (609)
426-4999