[Rarebooks] FS: In our new Catalog: 1892 Grover Cleveland Inauguration Notebook

Joslin Hall Rare Books office at joslinhall.com
Fri Dec 5 07:59:50 EST 2014

 From our new Catalog 353 -
A Selection of Books & Ephemera for December, 2014.
<http://www.joslinhall.com/Catalog353.pdf>

  - - -

1892 Notebook of Handwritten/Typewritten 'Minutes of General Committee
on Inaugural Ceremonies' for the Grover Cleveland Inauguration.

An interesting notebook with a combination of handwritten and
carbon-copies of typewritten minutes of several meetings of the
Committee on Inaugural Ceremonies as preparations were underway for the
2nd (non-consecutive) term of President Grover Cleveland. This was kept
by Alexander Porter Morse, who served as Secretary to the Committee.
Morse was a prominent lawyer before both U.S. and international courts,
whose main claim to fame today was that he represented Louisiana before
the US Supreme Court in the Plessy v. Ferguson case in 1896. The first
leaf of the notebook contains handwritten notes for the ceremonies at
Cleveland's first inauguration in 1886.

Canvas-covered semi-limp notebook. 7"x8". 1 blank leaf; 10 leaves of
double-sided handwritten notes; 18 leaves of single-sided notes,
consisting on carbon copies of typescript cut from larger pages and
affixed to these pages with small tips of glue; 10 blank leaves; a final
leaf with several handwritten notes on one side. General wear and soil,
glue stains. With- the 'Final Report' hardcover book of the inaugural
ceremonies, quite worn and water- stained, but with Alexander Porter
Morse's name on the endpaper. [41639] $475

A Picture =>
<http://www.joslinhall.com/images400/th-41639-cover.jpg>

Please browse our new Catalog 353
- A Selection of Books & Ephemera for December, 2014.
which can be viewed or downloaded as a .pdf file here ->

<http://www.joslinhall.com/Catalog353.pdf>

  - - -

Our WEBSITE-
<http://www.joslinhall.com>

Our LATEST CATALOG-
   <http://www.joslinhall.com/Catalog353.pdf>

Our EMAIL LIST
   is used to notify you of new catalogs and specials-

Our BLOG-
   <http://foggygates.blogspot.com/>

  ~ ~ ~

TERMS:
All payments must be in U.S. funds and negotiable through a U.S. bank;
We accept checks, money orders, American Express, Visa and Mastercard.
Books may be reserved pending payment; Institutions may be billed;
Standard courtesies to institutions and the trade; Postage charges are
$5.00 for the first book, and $2.00 for each additional book. Shipments
outside the U.S. will be billed at cost. We accept returns if we are
notified within ten days of your receipt of the books-please ask for
full instructions and terms. Massachusetts residents must add 6.25%
state sales tax.