[Rarebooks] Theodore Roosevelt Daily Offering

Garry R Austin mail at austinsbooks.com
Thu Feb 13 14:21:58 EST 2014

2/13/14

Each day we offer a Theodore Roosevelt related item.

There is no shortage of photographs of Theodore Roosevelt. The Harvard Collection alone, is mind-boggling. Occasionally an unusual image surfaces. This is such an image. What is compelling in this photograph is the way that Haeseler has captured the strength and confidence of the President. If interested email us for an image.

We offer the following postpaid and net to all;

SCARCE PRESIDENTIAL PORTRAIT

Theodore Roosevelt Photographic Portrait. Np., John T. Haeseler, 1905. $125.00
The image measures 6.75" x 4.75" and is mounted on cardboard backing but only attached at the top as a museum mounting. This is a half length portrait of the President, he holds his right lapel with his right hand just above his watch chain. The portrait portrays a confident vibrant TR at the zenith of his Presidential power. It is very good or better with the photo credit and date at lower right. This is a scarce image. While there is no shortage of TR portraits this one is relatively little known. Information on the photographer and studio is sketchy.

Garry R Austin
mail at austinsbooks.com
Austin's Antiquarian Books
PO Box 730