[Rarebooks] DON'T DROP ALIBRIS!

mrbooks at comcast.net mrbooks at comcast.net
Fri Mar 28 17:00:33 EDT 2014

Mike Feldman emailed me this message from Alibris today. I found that last year I paid over 900 in fees to sell 2500- worth of books. I know, I know, crimnal negligence on my part. Now anyone can migrate from gold to basic even if they have more than 1000 books online.

Used to be you could not opt into Basic if you had over 1000 books in your inventory. But read on to what Mike Feldman says, "You can move to our Basic program This program is designed for sellers who don't want to worry about the volume needed to cover a flat monthly fee. Previously this program has been available to sellers with an inventory of 1,000 items or less but we have recently lifted that restriction.

With Basic, you're essentially paying as you go. There's a $1.00 transaction fee for each order instead of a flat monthly fee. Regular commissions also apply. There's also a yearly subscription of $19.99 that's assessed on the anniversary of the day you switched to Basic (next year). If this option sounds like something you're interested in, you can read more about it in our Help section here: https://sellers.alibris.com/content/help-seller-fees.cfm . You can switch at any time by clicking on top bar ACCOUNT "My Seller Program" and then checking the box near the bottom of the screen to indicate you wish to move to the Basic program. If you're eligible, you'll be switched at the beginning of the next month. If you do decide to stay on as a basic seller, please email back with a maximum number of listings for your account and I will set up the exception accordingly."

Alibris Client Services
Monsoon Commerce
510 594-4508 (phone)
510 652-2403 (fax)