[Rarebooks] FS: WWI US Army Vet Seeks Citizenship

Bob Petrilla petrillabooks at gmail.com
Tue May 6 07:33:57 EDT 2014

Crebere, Edward E. AUTOGRAPH LETTER SIGNED (ALS) FROM THIS IMMIGRANT, A
U.S. ARMY VETERAN OF WORLD WAR I, TO THE BUREAU OF NATURALIZATION: From
Winnisimmet Lodge, Oct. 27, 1919.  Original manuscript. 2pp, written in
black ink, in part: "...I applied for my naturalization papers while in the
Co. H 23rd Inf 2nd Div. on the Rhein....At the same time I applied for my
liberty bond....I wish the citizen papers and my bond sent to me at this
address....[signed] Edward E. Crebere / per K."  Stamped: "Bureau of
Naturalization, Received Oct 28, 1919."  6.5" x 5"  Good .
The Winnisimmet Lodge return address refers to Odd Fellows Lodge No. 24 in
Chelsea, MA.  The Lodge had been established circa 1843, based on a notice
published in the "Symbol and Odd Fellows Magazine," Boston, 1843.
(#036567)        $50.00

Terms:  Payment by check, money order, PayPal, or credit card in US funds.

*Reciprocal trade discount.  Price includes domestic mail. Shipments abroad
at cost.   Returns accepted within 10 days of receipt if found to be other
than as described.*

      R & A  Petrilla
Booksellers & Appraisers
          PO Box 306