[Rarebooks] Herpetology

Garry R Austin mail at austinsbooks.com
Fri May 9 12:11:02 EDT 2014

For your consideration;
We offer the following postpaid in the USA;
$175.00

Smith, Hobart M. and Smith, Rozella B. Synopsis of the Herpetofauna of Mexico.  Augusta, WV, and North Bennington, VT,: Eric Lundberg, and John Johnson, 1971-1979.     First edition; Six volumes of seven, (the seventh was in preparation at the time of this printing); octavo; I; Analysis of the Literature on the Mexican Axolotl, pp. xxvii, (i), 245 with index; II: Analysis of the Literature Exclusive of the Mexican Axolotl, pp. xxxiii, (i), 367 with index; III: Source Analysis and Index for Mexican Reptiles, pp. 23, (1), approx 1008; IV: Source Analysis and Index for Mexican Amphibians, pp. 15, (1), approx 260; V: Guide to Mexican Amphisbaenians and Crocodilians, Bibliographic Addendum II, pp. 187 plus (4pp.) graphs; VI: Guide to Mexican Turtles, Bibliographic Addendum III, pp. xvii, 1044; Publisher's original green cloth, lettered in gilt on the spine; Illustrated, maps, plates, graphs;  Vols I & II, Lundberg Imprint; Vols III thru VI, Johnson Imprint; Very good; some variation in the cloth color from light to dark;
together with;
Chiszar, David and Rozella B. Smith. Fifty Years Of Herpetology, Publications of Hobart M. Smith. North Bennington, VT,: John Johnson, 1982.
First edition; octavo; pp. (vi) v, (i), 78; frontispiece portrait; original printed yellow wrappers; near fine; An impressive bibliography.
and
Eight copies of the original order forms for the above work.
All from the library of the publisher.

Garry R Austin
mail at austinsbooks.com
Austin's Antiquarian Books