[Rarebooks] FS: 1922 Cunard Soviet Russia-Ukraine Emigration Brochure

Joslin Hall Rare Books office at joslinhall.com
Thu May 15 16:18:44 EDT 2014

 From our new Catalog, Bookin'! #10
<http://www.joslinhall.com/Bookin-10.pdf>

  - - - - -

1922 Cunard / Anchor / Anchor Donaldson Lines Soviet Russia Ukraine
Travel Emigration Brochure.

London, May or early June, 1922.

DISCUSSION:  A brochure issued in 1922 by Cunard, Anchor Line and
Anchor-Donaldson Line explaining how friends and relatives can get out
of Russia and Ukraine legally. "The heavy demand for correct information
regarding the situation in Russia today, and the facilities existing for
bringing people out of Russia to their relatives in this country, has
prompted the Cunard and Anchor Lines to issue this folder, as they feel
that it will answer the questions in the minds of many persons in the
United States and Canada who have families and relatives in Soviet
Russia. Much inaccurate and misleading information has been spread
regarding Russia, and the arrangements for travel from that country. The
actual situation there is that there are now many routes open to
passengers coming from Russia, and that the Soviet Government is not
discouraging the emigration of such classes of passengers as are
eligible for admission to this country... The conditions of travel on
the Russian railroads has improved considerably during the last few
months... The Cunard and Anchor Lines are not only prepared to issue
tickets for transportation out of Russia, but what is even more
important, they are able and willing to transmit money to practically
any part of Russia... Because of the complete Cunard and Anchor Line
organization of official offices in Europe, passengers traveling on
Cunard Anchor line prepaid tickets enjoy unusual benefits. Conductors
who are salaried officials of the company, travel on trains with them to
the embarkation port, seeing that they have no trouble with their
baggage or other regulations. Every care at the various frontiers
renders the journey simple and easy for the passengers. The passage
across the Atlantic Ocean is provided on the fastest steamers in the
world including the great Berengaria, Aquitania, [and] Mauretania."

Includes a 2-page colored map. 1922 was a tumultuous year in the Soviet
Union- as the Revolution and Civil War sputtered to an end, on April 3rd
the Eleventh Communist Party Congress appointed Josef Stalin as the
first General Secretary of the Communist Party.

DESCRIPTION & CONDITION: Tri-fold brochure. 8.5"x11", opening to
25.5"x11". Minor soil, light wear. [40654]

PRICE: $150

SOME PICTURES=>
<http://www.joslinhall.com/images400/th-40654-cover.jpg>
<http://www.joslinhall.com/images400/th-40654-page1.jpg>
<http://www.joslinhall.com/images400/th-40654-page2.jpg>

See more items in our new Catalog, Bookin'! #10
<http://www.joslinhall.com/Bookin-10.pdf>

- - -

Our WEBSITE-
<http://www.joslinhall.com>

Our LATEST CATALOG-
   <http://www.joslinhall.com/Bookin-10.pdf>

Our EMAIL LIST
   is used to notify you of new catalogs and specials-

Our BLOG-
   <http://foggygates.blogspot.com/>

  ~ ~ ~

TERMS:
All payments must be in U.S. funds and negotiable through a U.S. bank;
We accept checks, money orders, American Express, Visa and Mastercard.
Books may be reserved pending payment; Institutions may be billed;
Standard courtesies to institutions and the trade; Postage charges are
$5.00 for the first book, and $2.00 for each additional book. Shipments
outside the U.S. will be billed at cost. We accept returns if we are
notified within ten days of your receipt of the books-please ask for
full instructions and terms. Massachusetts residents must add 6.25%
state sales tax.