[Rarebooks] FS: Pyne's "Descripcion Abreviada del Mundo..." w/81 hand colored plates. London: 1828

Kenneth Karmiole kkarmiole at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 19 12:43:54 EST 2014

[Pyne, William Henry]. DESCRIPCION ABREVIADA DEL MUNDO. Anglaterra, Escocia e Irlanda: Pintura de Trajes, Diversiones, Usos I Costumbres Sacada del Ingles. Con un Bosquejo Estadistico del Imperio Britanico por D. Pablo de Mendibil. London: R. Ackermann. 1828. 12mo. 2 vols. xc,72;vi,140pp. Plus (4)pp. publisher's catalog of works in Spanish. Illustrated with 81 finely hand colored plates. Cont. calf, ornately gilt spines & borders of covers, black calf spine labels. Hinges of Vol. II rubbed and outer front hinge cracked but holding nicely. Vol. I has been rebacked with the original spine strip laid back down (small chip to title label).    $375.00 (trade discount allowed)
Very scarce Spanish language edition of Ackermann's "the World in Miniature: England, Scotland, and Ireland" published in 1827.

Kenneth Karmiole, Bookseller, Inc.
P.O. Box 464
Santa Monica, CA 90406
Tel. (310) 451-4342; Fax. (310) 458-5930
Email: kkarmiole at yahoo.com