[Rarebooks] F/S Winterbotham's 1795 United States

Garry R Austin mail at austinsbooks.com
Sat Sep 27 17:44:30 EDT 2014

We offer postpaid and net to all the following @ $200.00

Winterbotham, William An Historical Geographical, Commercial, and Philosophical View of The American United States and of the European Settlements In America And The West Indies. London: Printed for the Editor; J. Ridgway, 1795.
Volumes I & II of four; Octavo; pp; I; viii, (ii), 591; II; iv, 493; Illustrated, frontispiece of George Washington in volume one and a frontispiece of William Penn in volume two, also a View of Ohiopyle Falls in Pennsylvania, various charts, tables and abstracts; contemporary half calf and marbled paper covered boards, red spine labels lettered in gilt; A fair set. Lacking the last two volumes; Front board to volume I detached but present; hinges and joints started, internally book blocks are very good, solid and clean, a previous 19th century owner's name and notes on volume one pastedown and a preliminary. There are no apparent missing plates as in stubs or off-setting. Howes W-581.

Garry R Austin
mail at austinsbooks.com
Austin's Antiquarian Books
PO Box 730