[Rarebooks] FS: Bouquet of Melody 1848 w/ hand colored plates. Jenny Lind

info at robinsonstreetbooks.com info at robinsonstreetbooks.com
Fri Apr 17 13:53:18 EDT 2015

Today offered:

The bouquet of melody for MDCCCXLVIII :
comprising a choice collection of songs, waltzes, &c., and ten
beautifully executed lithographic embellishments

New York : Firth & Hall, 1848.

Original cloth, decorated in gilt. AEG. $1000.00

"A musical annual."
Publication comprised of various works previously published by
Firth & Hall, and includes the original title pages, pagination, and
plate numbers for each piece.

Approx. 13" x 11" 4 hand colored plates. Jenny Lind litho..
Binding a bit loose, though complete and holding.
Spine has some tearing. Front free endpaper has bottom tip
torn away.Some foxing.

Spring : grand waltz / Wm. Scharfenberg --
Summer : grand waltz / Henry C. Timm --
Autumn : grand waltz / Herrman S. Saroni --
Winter : grand waltz / Theod. Von La Hache --
Heloise polka / A.W. Berg --
The dying emigrant's prayer / words by H. Plunkett Grattan ; music by
George Loder --
A first essay : "From thee, Eliza, I must part" / poetry by Burns ;
music by Wm. Scharfenberg --
Speed away / words by Emily Weed ; music by Herrman S. Saroni --
I'm dreaming pleasant dreams, Willie! / words by Harriet Marion Ward ;
music by John C. Andrews --
Erin, or, I love thee dear Erin! / words by Henry F. Watson ; music by
W.C. Peters --
Jenny Lind : grande valse de caprice / Theod. Von La Hache --
La belle indienne : valse brillante / A.W. Berg --
Glen-Mary quadrilles / Allen Dodworth --
The mountain home quick-step / Francis H. Brown ; arr. by Samuel O.
Dyer.

Not located in any collections via Worldcat. Scans available.

Rhett Moran

All items are offered subject to prior sale. Shipping via media
mail free. Priority mail: $10.00. Overseas quoted. Payment may be made
by Credit card, Paypal, checks, money order, bank transfer. All items
are guaranteed to be as described, and may be returned within 10
days of receipt if found otherwise. 8% Sales tax collection on all
shipments within the State of New York unless exempt.

All autographs are guaranteed authentic and if found otherwise
may be returned by original purchaser for full refund without
time limit.

Thank you for looking,

Rhett Moran

Robinson Street Books, IOBA
184 Robinson Street
Binghamton, NY 13904
Voice 607-217-4328
Fax 845-746-4237
Toll Free USA: 800-572-4416
info at robinsonstreetbooks.com

Mon-Fri 10am-5pm (eastern) Sat, Sun and Holidays by chance.
Open to The Trade only by appointment. Print and PDF catalogs issued.

http://robinsonstreetbooks.com

Our warehouse contains over 500,000 books. 115,000 are cataloged for
on-line sales. Want lists welcome.

Specialties include:History of Science, Genetics, Darwinism. Psychology
and Psychiatry, Modern First Editions, art and photography,autographs &
manuscripts. We are always open to offers of single titles or
collections in our specialties.

From reading copies of great books to the uncommon and rare.

Member: The Manuscript Society; IOBA