[Rarebooks] FS: American female artist--small archive

Bob Petrilla petrillabooks at gmail.com
Wed Dec 2 12:06:16 EST 2015

Buchwald, Stella. GROUP OF SIXTEEN (16) BLACK-AND-WHITE PHOTOGRAPHIC PRINTS
OF HER OIL PAINTINGS, IDENTIFIED AND SIGNED BY HER ON THE VERSOS, &c.
Original photographs. Photographs include: The Drummer,1948; Back Yard;
Still Life, 1948 (2 copies); Metropolis; The Road; Four Figures, 1948 (2
copies); Lament; Portrait of N. Buchwald; Portrait of A Lady, 1948 (2
copies); Hilda; Three Figures, 1948; Trees and People (2 copies). The
artist has noted shows and galleries where some of the paintings were
exhibited. Also present are brochures from two shows: Norlyst Gallery,
1948; and ACA Gallery, 1951. Also, a handwritten note from Stella to
"Eddie" on ab ACA invitation, in part: "May 1 - All the paintings are in
the gallery...How they look I don't know....We are visiting in the country
for a week--which is wonderful--because I am quite exhausted. We have our
plans for the summer....Learned a lot from getting the show ready. Am
thinking of how I will paint the next show....Stella" Very Good.
Stella Buchwald resided at 215 East 12th Street, NYC, when these pictures
were made.   $125.00

Trade discount 20%, postpaid in US

    *  R & A  Petrilla*

*          Booksellers/Appraisers                     PO Box 306
 Roosevelt, NJ 08555                   (609) 426-4999
<%28609%29%20426-4999>*

*Sign up for New Arrival Notifications:**      www.petrillabooks.com
<http://www.petrillabooks.com>*

*      Member:  ABAA, ILAB, IOBA*