[Rarebooks] frivolous orders

mrbooks at comcast.net mrbooks at comcast.net
Sat Sep 5 12:08:55 EDT 2015

I have noticed an increasing number of frivolous high dollar orders. Largely from China and USA. I remember when Ebay was new people just liked to bid but often had no thought of actually paying. This, today, seems like a replay of the 90's. The two notable sites are Abe and Ebay although I also had problems with smaller sites before I dropped them.
Has anyone noticed this trend?
I just reply politely to these and occasionally the order goes through after all. I mean, mistakes do happen, but just not this often.
Any comments?

Sincerely yours,

Kenny Parolini
509 North East Ave