[Rarebooks] FS: Aaron Burr's trial for treason. 2v. Philadelphia: 1808

Kenneth Karmiole kkarmiole at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 7 17:44:53 EDT 2015

(AMERICANA) Burr, Aaron. REPORT OF THE TRIALS OF COLONEL AARON BURR, (Late Vice President of the United States,) for Treason, and for a Misdemeanor, in Preparing the Means of a Military Expedition Against Mexico... To Which Is Added, an Appendix Containing the Arguments and Evidence... Taken in Short Hand by David Robertson... In Two Volumes. Philadelphia: Published by Hopkins and Earle. 1808. 2 vols. (8),596;(4),539,(1)pp. Cont. polished calf, soundly rebacked, with the original red & black calf spine labels laid back down. Old paper bookseller's label at top fore-corner of Vol. I front cover. Occasional foxing and title page of Vol. I a bit soiled.    $450.00 (trade discount allowed)
Howes B1009 records two different versions of Burr's (1756-1836) trial; ours reported by David Robertson, and another in 3 vols. reported by T. Carpenter, published in Washington: 1807-08.

Kenneth Karmiole, Bookseller, Inc.
1239A Third Street Promenade
Santa Monica, CA 90401
310-451-4342