[Rarebooks] FS: Charles Magnus, Civil-War-era song sheet

Bob Petrilla petrillabooks at gmail.com
Tue Sep 29 07:52:11 EDT 2015

Call Me Not...song sheet. CALL ME NOT BACK FROM THE ECHOLESS SHORE, In
Reply to "Rock Me To Sleep". Words by Chas. Carrol Sawyer. Music by Henry
Tucker. NY: Charles Magnus, circa 1865. First Edition. Broadside. A
hand-colored view of a dapper gentleman with mountains and waterfall in the
background occupies the upper half of this sheet. The lower half, printed
in blue, contains 22 lines of lyrics to the song, in part: "Why is your
forehead deep furrowed with care? What has so soon mingled frost in your
hair?....Follow me cheerfully, pray do not weep, In spirit I'll soothe you,
and 'Rock you to sleep'...."  8" x 5" Very Good. $65.00

Trade discount 20%, postpaid in US

    *  R & A  Petrilla*

*          Booksellers/Appraisers                     PO Box 306
 Roosevelt, NJ 08555                   (609) 426-4999
<%28609%29%20426-4999>*

*Sign up for New Arrival Notifications:**        www.petrillabooks.com
<http://www.petrillabooks.com>*

*           Member:  ABAA, ILAB, IOBA*