[Rarebooks] New Catalog: 126 BOOKS FROM THE LIBRARY OF POET WILLIAM MEREDITH

Charles Agvent charles at charlesagvent.com
Tue Apr 19 16:39:17 EDT 2016

*BOOKS FROM THE LIBRARY OF POET WILLIAM MEREDITH
<http://www.charlesagvent.com/agvent/images/pdfs/MeredithCatalog.pdf>*

*All 126 items in our new catalog are from the library of William
Meredith with nearly all INSCRIBED to the poet. Writers include
Vonnegut, Updike, Ginsberg, and many luminaries of poetry. William
Meredith began writing while a student at Princeton University where he
wrote a senior thesis on Robert Frost. His first volume of poetry, /LOVE
LETTER FROM AN IMPOSSIBLE LAND/, was selected by Archibald MacLeish for
the Yale Series of Younger Poets in 1944. He won a Pulitzer Prize in
1988 for /PARTIAL ACCOUNTS: NEW AND SELECTED POEMS/ and a National Book
Award in 1997 for /EFFORT AT SPEECH/. From 1978 to 1980, Meredith was
Consultant in Poetry to the Library of Congress, the position which in
1985 became the Poet Laureate Consultant in Poetry to the Library of
Congress, the first gay poet to receive this honor. He died in 2007 at
the age of 88.
*

--
All books subject to prior sale. Cash with order; institutions may be
billed. Postage additional: $10.00 for the first item; $5.00 for each

info at charlesagvent.com