[Rarebooks] MOSHER PRESS WANTS

Mosher mosher at ptd.net
Thu Apr 21 13:56:09 EDT 2016

MOSHER PRESS WANTS
The following concise list presents what I am seeking related to The Mosher Press & Thomas Bird Mosher. Should you have anything of potential interest, please do get in contact.
Wants at a glance, please quote:

→ Association copies
→ Letters to / from Thomas Bird Mosher
→ Mosher books printed on real vellum not on list http://thomasbirdmosher.net/bishop/real_vellum.html <http://thomasbirdmosher.net/bishop/real_vellum.html>
→ Special illuminated copies of the Mosher Books
→ Mosher books in fine highly decorated full leather signed bindings
→ Books from Mosher's library with his bookplate or inscription
Also seeking a particular set of Bell's British Theatre, 34 vols. British Library / Strand, [1790-1797]. 18mo.; bound in calf; with the name "J--- Sonntag" written in particular volumes. Likely to be in poor condition unless rebound after Mosher's death.
The only specific titles still being sought:
THE BIBELOT Japan vellum edition only, including individual volumes from 1895-1915 (check with me first since I have a number of volumes);  of course if set is nicely bound in leather I'm interested.
IN MEASURED LANGUAGE E. C. Cummings (Privately Printed), 1899.
IN MEMORIAM [Jane Anne Bell] (Privately Printed for Arthur Sewall), 1917.
LITTLE WILLIE by Eugene Field (Boston: Privately Printed), 1904.
VERSES AND A DREAM Printed for Josephine B. Pressey (Privately Printed), 1922.
WORKS OF ARTHUR SYMONS: A Bibliographical Note T.B.M. (Privately Printed), 1912. 1/5 copies.
Other items:
In addition to the books listed below, particularly interested in quotes of unusual Mosher book or related material. Unusual means:
signed / inscribed copies / books from Mosher's library / letters to Mosher
books inscribed to Mosher / boxed sets
fine bindings / photographs / pictures of home / office articles
original designer art work / press pulls / business forms or cards
ephemera / advertising / book mock-ups / printer's type ornaments
manuscripts / printer's dummies / diaries / desk calendars
Roman vellum copies / autograph letters / signed notebooks / scrapbooks
extra-illustrated copies / autograph notes signed Flora Lamb / Aimee Lenalie related
The End
MOSHER BOOKS began in February 1991 as a retail book firm for selective antiquarian books of all kinds; however, we do also stock books from the firm's namesake -- the Portland, Maine publisher, Thomas Bird Mosher. The firm's owner maintains a personal collection of books from and related to the Mosher Press. You can read more about Bishop and the Mosher collection in the IOBA Standard at http://ioba.org/newsletter/index.html <http://ioba.org/newsletter/index.html> fully devoted to Bishop's collection & book selling.
(21 April 2016)

MOSHER BOOKS
P. O. Box 542
Ephrata, PA  17522-0542
717-733-1476
mosher at ptd.net <mailto:mosher at ptd.net>
(member ABAA, ILAB, & IOBA; Grolier Club)

business:  www.stairway.org/mosher
scholarly:   www.ThomasBirdMosher.net