[Rarebooks] California Book Fair Lists

John Howell info at johnhowellforbooks.com
Tue Feb 9 09:01:20 EST 2016

Dear Friends and Colleagues:

I am posting today 3 book fair lists - representative samples of the material I will be showing at the 49th California International Antiquarian Book Fair, this weekend in Pasadena, February 12 through 14, 2016.

The first contains 34 items in my areas of specialty, including miniature books, California history, and fine printing.

http://www.johnhowellforbooks.com/home//49th%20ca%20bk%20fair.pdf

The second list focuses on Richard John Hoffman, one of Los Angeles' many fine printers of the twentieth century, including a short biography of Hoffman.

http://www.johnhowellforbooks.com/home//richard%20hoffman.pdf

The third list just edges onto 33 pages and contains 92 miniature books from the private collection of Mel Kavin.  Mel was an important book binder in the greater Los Angeles area, and his miniature books focus on the book arts and California miniature book publishers, but the collection is not strictly limited to the same:

http://www.johnhowellforbooks.com/home//mel'sbookfairminis.pdf

Please come by and visit me in Booth 824.

Sincerely,

John Howell, ABAA, ILAB, IOBA

info at johnhowellforbooks.com

310 367-9720