[Rarebooks] FS: Early Italian study of the mariner's compass and magnetism. Faenza: 1748

Kenneth Karmiole kkarmiole at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 2 12:51:11 EDT 2016

(SCIENCE) Collina, Abondio. CONSIDERAZIONI ISTORICHE... Sopra l'Origine della Bussola Nautica Nell' Europa, e Nell' Asia. Faenza: Presso L'Archi. 1748. 4to. xvi,144pp. Woodcut device on title. Orig. vellum somewhat soiled, spine with a few minor chips. An uncut copy.    $450.00 (trade discount allowed)
The OCLC records list copies with 144pp. and 145pp. (including the errata). Our copy does not have the errata. Early study of the Mariner's compass and magnetism. Riccardi I, 356-357.